Saturday, August 4, 2007

preparing for the next wave

I have not been collaging lately but hope to once I settle into my new apartment in Chicago. Obviously, collaging takes more location prep than writing in a notebook. Since I've started doing collage poems I've been limited by space--usually having to clean up my mess at the end of a session. So that means I can only go maybe 3 or 4 hours at the most.

In Chicago I plan on having a table dedicated to collaging, with perhaps some kind of cover to protect against breezes. Then I can work on multiple poems at once, stop when exhausted, revise over longer periods of time. My first project will be to do a 'book length' collage--that is, take a novel and continue working on it until I exhaust it, hopefully having at least 10-15 poems of various styles, voices, lengths. (Then we might be able to see how works the same source text across multiple poems.)

I also need to pull together all the work I've done into a portfolio of some kind for graduate school.

I do not know if I will keep FFR up past August--I'll just see where I'm at, how it feels.

No comments: